Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Food

It is really hard to keep up with what is good for you and what is not. It changes every day or two. Green tea is high in antioxidents! Bravo! Do antioxidants keep you from rusting? Or just what do they do? Lycopene, how about that, I've eaten barrels of lycopene in my life time,eaten or drank tomato juice.
I do not know why but I think I should be glad when I find that things are gluten free. And what are free radicals? I know one of the math symbols that is called a radical and it is telling you the square root or asking for the square root of a number but I'm sure that does not apply. Did you know that bananas and orange juice and peanut butter have lots of potassium? That is if the peanut butter is not from Georgia! And wine! Let's discuss that! A glass of red wine a day helps your heart, everyone said so but now today they added a kicker. A glass of red wine or any alcohol a day can cause breast cancer, liver cancer, rectal cancer etc. but just for women! Boo. Hiss. I don't even want to get into FAT. Trans fat, saturated fat, unsaturated fat, fat fat. I give up!
I think I'll go have a glass of fat free, antioxident, lycopene! Do Bloody Marys have lycopene in them?

No comments: