Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ramblings

I was wakened up very early this morning. My number is one number different than GE's so I have been getting their calls for years. It doesn't happen often but it is aggravating when it does happen because it is always very early in the morning or in the middle of the night. The calls are from employees calling to say they are not coming in to work. Today's call came at 5:15 AM. The guy was very apologetic but nevertheless, I was awake and could not go back to sleep. I am always tempted to respond to the caller and tell him work has been called off for the rest of the week, or maybe argue with him that he doesn't sound sick to me so come in anyway, or maybe suggest that his job has been eliminated but I'm not really into sick jokes so I just growl and hang up.

I took Fergus to the groomer and therefore, I went through the park and had a chance to see all of the trees in bloom. The tulip poplars, the Bradford Pears, the dogwoods and the forsythia and other flowering trees and bushes. It was raining so there were not as many runners or bikers and only a few golfers at the clubhouse. Tomorrow is the first day of Spring. Halleluia!

It is also time for March Madness. We are all hoping for U of L to win the whole shebang but any body can win in any given game so we will all be on the edge of our seats throughout the whole tournament. Barack Obama went out on a limb on ESPN's "Sports Center" and chose U of L to be in the championship game with UNC but he thinks UNC will win. I hope he is wrong about that but he did mention the fact that U of L is a great team and has a great defence.

We shall see! Ciao

No comments: