Friday, June 5, 2009

Fun Time

The whole family is gearing up for the annual Fitzgerald Family Fun Festival. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

I spent about four hours this afternoon looking through pictures of the family that I've saved throughout the years. I will bring them to the gathering and people can go through them at their liesure. Some of them bring back such great memories. It will be fun for some of us to see how much we have changed over the years. Remember how good you thought you looked in that dress? those shorts? that bathing suit? Or remember how many diets you went on? I remember when I actually had hair!!

There are so many pictures of Grandpa with a baby in his arms and a dog at his feet, I sometimes could not identify the baby so you will have to do that for us. I also have pictures of my grandparents and my parents that you can mull over and see who looks like who, etc.

Hundreds of the pictures are at beaches, mostly at Garden City but some from the Outer Banks and at Edisto, most of them from beaches in the Carolinas. We also have some from Lake Michigan, Indian Lake, and a few beaches in Florida and others. For someone with my skin to have spent a big portion of my life on one beach or another, it is a wonder I have any skin left. Granted, I was always under a beach umbrella and a pile of towels or up on the porch watching all of you out there frying. I always came home looking very much like I did when I left home.

While we were at the beach we usually made a movie. We spent a lot of time during the week picking out a theme for the film. We did a murder mystery one year, a musical, we did Jaws, and a few others. Some of those films are so funny and so creative that we thought we should have them at the Fam. Fest. I have two or three but I think there are others out there. If you have one, bring it. We should make a movie at the Fam.Fest. just for old time's sake! Maybe we could have a talent show! Lord knows, we've got talent! Remember the talent show at the funeral? We could even have a grand prize!

I am getting revved up for the day. See y'all there. Ciao.

No comments: