Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Break

Here it is Thursday of spring break and I have pretty much followed my plan! I did a little yard work,very little. Michele and Jeff and Julie did the muscle burning job in the front yard. It took hours and looks great . The back will have to wait for awhile. I did go out today and sweep off the deck but other than that it still looks pretty primitive out there.

The weather has been relatively warm and so far it has only rained about 2 inches. We are expecting thunder storms after midnight tonight. I got to go shopping for a few hours with Karen one day and as usual I spent two or three hours at Klondike Manor each day. At least it was warm enough to take Doc out into the patio on two or three occasions.

I took my observation trip through the park on Saturday, and once again it is a sure sign that spring has in fact, burst forth. The trees are budding, the scanty attire is back, the bald convertible driver, runners, walkers, golfers and bike riders in all their glory are back. It is a reassuring sight to see the usual pattern of behavior repeating itself. It is an adult rite of spring. There are no children evident in the arena except the one's in the runners' strollers that moms are pushing. Really there was only one of those.

I have been reading the tome titled "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. It has 951 pages and I have reached page 549. I am enjoying the book; however , it is so heavy that I have to prop it on a pillow when I read in bed and on the arm of the chair when I read it in the living room. Good thing it is a paperback. It is quite facinating. I'm hoping I can finish the last 400 plus pages before I go back to school on Monday. More later.

285 days left until we get a new president.

Quote for today: " What I am against is quotas. I am against hard quotas, quotas they basically delineat based upon whatever. However they delineate, quotas, I think, vulcanize society."

_ President Bush, possible Trekkie, January 21, 2000

No comments: