Friday, May 4, 2007

Getting Closer

According to the countdown clock on the home page, we are 15hours and 30 minutes away from Derby Day. I haven't checked with the Dolwicks to see if all arrived safe and sound. I'm assuming that they did. Brian was out for a minute last evening and he said he is working the first race (DerbyDay) and will be working the Derby race itself for one of Pletcher's horses. He is not sure which one yet.

For today's Oaks race, if I get an opportunity to send some bets out, I think I would bet on High Heels,Cotton Blossum and I forget the other one I was thinking about.

The events leading up to the Derby have been spectacular. Thunder over Louisville was attending by an estimated 800,000 people, the Balloon Glow was good, the Mini Marathon was huge and the weather perfect for running, the Steam Boat race was again won by Louisville under a cloud of doubt (they cheated) They said they were cut off by the River Queen, Yeah, right! The Pegasus Parade went off without a hitch. Doc and I watched it on TV, He loves a Parade! We saw Kristin with the Girl Scouts. Very exciting.

It's early in the day, no school so i'm off to get ready for the races. More later.

No comments: