Sunday, May 6, 2007

Hollywood Ending of another Derby

No blog for Saturday because I was too busy having another great day, another trip to the track, another day of fun and laughs. I started off Derby day by going to see Doc at Klondike and by the time I got home from there, Cynthis and Paul Duryea were already at our house. They were out in back being entertained by our watch dog extrodinair, Fergus.I finished packing up the food that I had spent part of Sat. purchasing and we waited a few minutes for Gregg to get there. Linda had gone out early (7AM) to watch our established space and protect it from any late coming squatters. We claim the front row site right in front of the media building that houses the betting windoes and the rest rooms,there is also a pool table in there but so far we've never felt the urge to shoot pool during the races.

Our tarp was down our gazebo up, our chairs lined up and the coolers situated and with racing forms, and programs in hand, we were ready for some heavy duty thinking. At first I was slightly miffed by the fact that there were so many tents and gazebos but once we were in our spot I forgot about the other people and settled in for the fun.

Alex Dolwick was the youngest member and I was the oldest. Everyone else was in between. Alex, Pat,(dad of Alex,) and the before mentioned entourage of Pat's, Thomas and his mon and dad, his mom being Pat's sister-in-law, Pat's father in-law,Chuck, Pat's neighbor and his wife,and Pat's fellow worker,and his wife drove up from North Carolina on Thursday. Some of them along with Paul Dolwick attended the Oaks race in the Infield and were very soggy by the end of the day. It rained most of the day.

The rest of our group, Nathan and his former umpire friend, Scott and Scott's fiance, from Denver, Cynthia Sullivan, and Paul Duryea, my niece and grand nephew, from Cincinnati, Karen,Linda and I plus Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip from London,Eng. were all there. (Q Liz didn't sit with us.)(Her loss)

To be continued tomorrow because I am still tired from the outing and I'm going to bed. As they say in Jolly Old Eng. Tata.

No comments: