Saturday, July 21, 2007

Song in my Head 2

We all went up to our room and I told Michele that this would be a good time to teach her some of the songs she could sing to her children. Linda washed all the cherries and washed the ash treys in the room and divvied up the cherries. Linda and I propped ourselves up on the bed and the other two took the chairs. We went through my whole repertoir of songs, ate cherries and laughed and laughed. It was so much fun. They had very little air conditioning in Athens and we had the windows open and could hear the traffic noise and the sounds of the city. There were still a lot of people on the streets.
We sang "I had a little chicken", "A penny a kiss,"" If I had a nickle" " (Kid name) is a friend of mine, he/she will kiss me anytime", "Once upon a time a goose drank wine"."Go to sleepy little baby.." " I went to Cincinnati and walked around the block..." We sang and sang and sang. Eating cherries during the whole concert. We finally switched to camp songs, "The prettiest girl I ever saw was sippin' cider through a straw.." "The Great ship Titanic.." and Linda's all time favorite "Catalina Madalina,Hoopa Stanna, Wanna Monna..." It grew later and later and we had a big day planned for the morrow and besides we were out of cherries so we wrapped it up. Our guests went off to their rooms and we went to bed. I went back to bed about eight times during the night. Did the five second rule fail me or did the two or three ashtreys of cherries do a number on me? I'll never know. I still like cherries and I still remember the fun we had that night.

No comments: