Saturday, March 1, 2008

Anniversary

Last Thursday was our 66th wedding anniversary. When I walked into Doc's room, he said,"Happy Birthday!". Then quickly he said, "Oh, Happy Anniversary!" He does always remember the date. Certainly not a very festive celebration, I walked him in the hall almost down to the end and then he had to sit in the wheel chair which I drag along behind him when he walks. He is much better at walking (with the aid of a walker) than he has been. He still needs assistance getting into bed and getting out of bed. I think he could manage to get out of the chair and sit on the bed but he can't get his legs up onto the bed. His right leg is still pretty weak. All of the personel at Klondike came to wish him happy anniversary and he was very appreciative. Most of them proceded to tell him how long they were married and how long they have been divorced . Not too many people around that stay married.

Tomorrow I am going up to Linda's to celebrate Stephanie's 40th with the Huber family. I bought her a pair of drug store glasses because now that she is forty she'll be needing them. Time keeps speeding by. Fergus has a birthday on the 13th of March and he is 11 years old already!

We have 325 days until we get a new president.

Quote for today: "In terms of the CO 2 issue. I will explain as clearly as I can, today and every other chance I get, that we will not do anything that harms our economy. Because, first things first, are the people who live in America."

-President Bush, discussing his reasons for ignoring the Kyoto Protocol, March 29, 2001

4 comments:

Papa Sparky said...

Kristin and I took Maureen down to visit with Doc on Saturday morning. He showed off the new TV in the rec room, and he told us it was his 60th Anniversary. Then I started doing the math and realized that he was either off by a few years, or Mike and Karen were born out of wedlock (I'm not going to speculate how old Linda is - I'm already am in trouble with Karen!)

Papa Sparky said...

Please disregard the typo in the message below.

Papa Sparky said...

I mean above!!

Papa Sparky said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I didn't remember that it was your anniversary until our visit with Grandpa. Tim will be 103 and I'll be 101 at our 66th anniversary. :)
Kristin