Friday, October 2, 2009

Early Morning Grumps

I did not have a very good day today. I woke up very early and I knew already that I was tired. My stomach hurt and my headache was much worse and I didn't want to get out of bed. It was only 5 AM but I made myself get up and get in the shower and put on fresh clothes and then I ran a few loads of clothes in the washer and went back to bed. I stayed in bed watching the Today Show until about 8:30 and then I got up again and had some breakfast. Still extremely tired, still with a stomach ache and still with a head ache.

Brian took me to the Radiation Center and as usual it was freezing cold in there. It took them a little longer than usual to prepare me for the treatment but it all worked out OK. They kept reminding me that I had two days rest coming up and that really did make me feel not as "put upon." I was very shaky when I got off the table and had to be helped up the ramp. Jennifer felt that she should have gotten the wheel chair for me but I assured her I was fine...well maybe not fine but with a little help from Brian I got to the car and then came home. I got back on the bed and stayed there for two or three hours.

Jane came to visit and bring me some easy food to fix for my dinner. We ate some cheese and crackers and raspberry tea for lunch and visited for quite awhile. I felt better as time went on, not quite so fatigued..I enjoyed her visit. We ventured out for awhile to go to Krogers and pick up my prescription.

I am on my way to bed again now, and hope that I can regain some of my energy . Next treatment report will be on Monday. I hope I can also regain a better attitude by then. Ciao

No comments: