Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Home Stretch

Today was not quite as good as yesterday but it was tolerable. Jennifer took the mask off shortly after putting it on because she said she has learned to read my body language. She put it back on and it was much more comfortable so we went with it.

I'm sure you have all seen that commercial that Sally Field does for Osteoporosis medication? She proclaims in a "Boy, did I ever get gypped" tone of voice...'I have this one body." As if the rest of us had a few spare bodies. We adjusted early on to the fact that we had just one body. We learn to depend on this one body to last us until death doth us part and for many years for most of us it does not let us down. We have complete faith in our bodies as a way of communicating.

We focus on teaching children to read at a very early age but along with teaching them to read the written word we should also be teaching then to "read" body language. It could make them have a much more peaceful life. It comes naturally to many people but some people just don't get it! I'm glad Jennifer can 'read' body language. Otherwise, I would have had a difficult time not freaking out.

Usually when the treatment begins, I lie down on the table and other than worrying about the torture mask and tensing up over that , I feel fine but when the treatment is over and I sit up I am shaky and light headed. Some days are worse than others, the fatigue takes effect almost immediately. Today, I was very tired and had to take some deep breaths to get up the energy to get off the table and prepare to leave. They always let me sit there for a minute while they clean up the site a little and put the 4 x 4 patch of gauze on my head and then I get off the table and put my hat and glasses on. The walk back up to the waiting room seems much longer than it seemed coming down. I had energy yesterday but not so today. I made it into the car and home and then have spent most of the day sitting and watching TV or reading. Ho Hum! Ciao

No comments: