Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hump Day

When I started this adventure, it was very warm and humid. We had to take a sweater or jacket to wear inside the facility but could shed them on the way out. Now, since time has moved on, it is now quite chilly when we leave the house and a jacket is advisable. We've moved from late summer into fall.

The radiology lab people have decided to honor us with an appreciation week. On Monday I think I mentioned that they had bags of popcorn around the waiting room, Yesterday, they had 'trick or treat' pumpkins sitting around with packets of candy corn, small Heath Bars and Kit Kats in them. Today they had cocktail wieners in barby-cue sauce, a fruit selection, melon chunks, strawberries and pineapple chunks and a yummy cinnamon pastry. Very nice!

I went down for my treatment and along with Jennifer they had another tech (male) who had on red scrubs. I don't recall ever seeing red scrubs, other than the time a few years ago when I had had morphine to ease my pain and I thought the night male nurse had on a red sequined scrub suit. Clearly that was an hallucination. Anyway, this guy was not attuned to my idiosyncrasies and came at me with the mask using a jovial voice and forcing the mask on me and saying," Here we go!' I , once again, felt that I was going to freak out. Jennifer quickly grabbed the mask off and said, in a soothing voice, "Just relax and let me know when you are ready.When I said, "I'm OK now." She put the mask on and we proceeded with the treatment. It did seem much longer but I'm sure it was not. I was so relieved when they unlocked the mask. I took a few deep breaths and then sat up. She made me sit there for awhile while she cleaned up the sight and placed the 4x4 gauze on me and I was OK. I thought I was getting used to the mask but apparently not. Four more days!!! Ciao

No comments: