Monday, September 21, 2009

Moving Right Along

Today I finally had to give in and take something to relax me somewhat. The prescription calls for three tablets a day but I am not going to do that. I took one this morning before I went and the whole session was very peaceful for me. I did not tense up and freeze when I saw the mask and they slipped it on with ease and proceeded to line me up and when they got my numbers all where then are supposed to be they said cheerfully, "OK, here we go." They left the room and I calmly waited until the buzz and the red light went off and they came back in and liberated me. Maybe I am just a little stubborn, I'll take it again tomorrow and see if maybe by the end of the week I will have overcome my fear of being locked down and try to go with out the tablet. I still am not going to take three of them in one day!

I have noticed some changes in my skin today. I have a little rash on the forehead and some little bumpy place under my left eye. The area that is being radiated is totally bald now and the skin around the incision is very pink. I do also have a headache most of the time.

The radiologist, when asked if I should get a flu shot, said "Absolutely!" I had called Dr. Cecil's office and they didn't even have the vaccine yet, then I called Krogers and an appointment was needed so I tried to make one. Our Kroger was booked up till late October and the Stony Brook was booked. The nearest Kroger they could find with an opening was the one at Taylorsville Rd and Bardstown Rd. So I made the appointment there for Sept. 30th.

Yesterday, I noticed a sign outside Walgreens that said they were giving flu shots so today when I came home from the radiation and the superb breakfast that we had at The Egg place, whose name I can't remember right now, I called Walgreens and ask if I needed an appointment and they said I could come anytime. I went right away and got my shot. No problem!

I do think the fatigue has set in, I am very very tired and weak right now. My legs and arms feel almost too heavy to lift. I am ready for bed so I'm going to get into my bed and hope I can stay awake for The Closer rerun. More tomorrow. Ciao

1 comment:

Papa Sparky said...

I'm glad it was a bit more peaceful today. Sorry you have a headache all the time and all the other side affects. We love you and are thinking of you. Mom said you looked so cute with your black hat on today. Glad you all had a nice breakfast.
Kris