Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Half way Mark

I have finally hit the half way mark. I look back and realize how long ago it seems since I started and think that I have that many more in front of me. I'm somewhat overwhelmed. In the mundane days of life, we usually cruise along not knowing what is coming and don't spend our days and nights wondering if we are up to the task of surviving what ever is facing us. I know that I frequently ask for God's help in facing life's trials and tribulations, particularly the unknown ones and I still would ask that every day but now I have to add to that prayer to help me be able to live up to the stress of facing that procedure for ten more days. In the light of day it seems like a short time but in the deep, darkest part of night it seems to be monumental. At least I can celebrate today! I did it one more time and it was not so bad at all.

As I believe I've mentioned before in my blogs that I have not been able to wash my hair. Well today lo and behold I have clean hair! What a delight, it's the little things in life sometimes that can give such joy. Andrea came over and we rigged up a way that I could sit on my little step stool and prop my head on the bath tub stool and arrange an old shower curtain and a few towels to catch the drips and we made a make shift protective cover over the radiated area and commenced to begin! It took about four sudsings to get the hair clean and grease free but we did it. Andrea used the hair dryer and dried and brushed it and I felt like a new person. Talk about an attitude adjustment! We took some pictures and I am now sitting here typing without a hat on. How's that for a morale booster?

It actually makes me feel guilty that I spend so much time whining about my plight when I can look around and see so many people that are suffering the terrible woes of this world and don't even have time to whine and complain. I once heard a man say that if we all took our troubles and hung them out on a line, they would all still take theirs and I would still take mine.

I must admit that I am having more pain each day but when I saw the doctor today he said everything looks great and is going well. He will not be there next week, he said, but assured me that his associates would be seeing me. Ciao.

No comments: