Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Still at it

When I woke up this morning I was already tired. I had been in bed for seven or eight hours but it did not seem to be enough. However, I did get up and took my shower and got ready for the day. I was moving rather slowly and I drank a cup of tea and a coke also. I took one of the tiny pills that I've been advised to take before going to the treatment.

Karen picked me up and we were not there long when the tech came out to get me. It is so cold in the waiting room and actually in the treatment area too. They have two small portable radiators to provide heat in the waiting room. As Gregg said yesterday, it seems a little odd to have the room cooled down by the aircondition and then heated up by the radiators! Go figure!

Any way, I did bounce off the walls a bit on the ramp that leads to the treatment area but I was OK.

I really did not come close to being agitated when they put the mask on and felt OK when they locked it down. They lined up all the numbers and soon left me so that the treatment could start. I was fine, I would not go so far as to say I was comfortable but I was not ready to freak out. When I was just about at the end of my mental routine that tells me the treatment is about over I did start to get anxious but just then the red light went off and the two techs were back in to unlock the mask. Whew. I think this was my best session!

Jennifer, the tech said it was the day to see the doctor so I had to wait for a few minutes. They weighed me first and took my blood pressure and then the doctor came in. He immediately said, "You look so tired!" He asked if I had taken the pill and I said I had so he recommended that I just take half of a pill tomorrow. He looked at the site and said it looks good and he thinks things are going well.

I came home and ate a bowl of cream of wheat and lay down on the bed to watch the noon news and just now woke up! It's 3:30. Maybe I won't look so tired now. The fatigue is so hard to deal with. I am still feeling worn out.

We'll see what half the dosage does for me tomorrow. Ciao.

No comments: