Thursday, September 17, 2009

Push the Panic Button

Today was my second treatment but the third day I had to have the mask put on.I did not do well at all! I know I CAN do it, I just felt so trapped and vulnerable and I felt pain. The pain could very well be immaginary but I wanted to just get out of there, out of that mask! When it was over I felt shaky all over and weak. I totally lost control of my ability to determine that I could tolerate the mask. It really is just a few minutes, I think, but it seems like an eternity. I know that tomorrow I will be able to do it without freaking out and I will.

I did complete the treatment today it was just that my senses reacted. I was so tense and felt every nerve in my body tighten up. The Dr. said that tomorrow they can loosen it just a little and/or cut out the place where I think it hurts. He said if necessary he will let them dispence with the mask altogether if I can lie there withot moving. I can do it. YES, I CAN!

Tomorrow I will relax my body before they put the mask on instead of tensing up. It is just mind over matter. Right?

More tomorrow! Ciao.

No comments: